What is a jumpsuit? A jumpsuit also called a onesie or zentai is essentially like wearing pyjamas outside of the house and can be an extremely comfortable outfit. But it takes some effort to find the perfect one! Looking for the perfect plus-size pieces can be an incredibly daunting task, especially if you’re not familiar with all of the different styles that are out there. Fortunately, it’s much easier than it seems.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Selecting a Jumpsuit for Yourself
- Jumpsuits are available in a variety of colours, patterns, and styles. Before you select one, it’s important to think about what style will flatter your body type the most.
- If you have a pear-shaped body, for example, you might want to look for something that has ruffles or other details on the top half to balance out your hips and thighs.
- If you have an hourglass figure, you can accentuate your curves with a fitted or one with a belted waist.
- Women who have shorter legs might find that pants fit them better than skirts or dresses, but if you’re looking for something flowier, try choosing a skirt instead.
- For taller women, stay away from anything too long so it doesn’t overwhelm your frame; however, shorter women should keep in mind how their hemline may affect the overall length of their leg line.
- So before making any final decisions while shopping, be sure to take these factors into account because only you know best about your own body!
- It can be a great way to show off your curves and body type, but wearing something that doesn’t fit properly is likely to only accentuate what you want to hide.
- The best thing to do is start with browsing some outfits online and see which features work for your body type the best. Most retailers even offer sizing charts based on bra size and height measurements so finding something flattering should be easy.
- And once you’ve found some favourites, make sure to try them on in person since clothes can often look different depending on lighting or fabrics.
- Lastly, remember that every outfit requires some trial and error–so never give up just because things didn’t work out this time around!
Tips For Finding The Right Jumpsuit For You
Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect plus-size jumpsuit for your body type:
The length should come down just below your knees or right at the ankle.
The straps should be wide enough to fit over your shoulders and have some give so they don’t cut into you while sitting or standing.
Look for a suit with an elastic band around the top that will provide support without being too tight or too loose. Keep in mind that most people can wear one size up from their normal pant size if they need more room on top but not around their hips or thighs. If you’re looking for a fitted look, look for something made out of thinner material such as silk charmeuse. A looser piece looks great on curvier women as long as it’s not too baggy in the seating area because this can emphasize any excess weight there.
- Fabric and Color
Not all fabrics work for every person. In general, thinner fabrics may be more flattering to those who are curvier, especially if you have broad shoulders or fuller hips. Thicker fabrics may work better for those who are petite or shorter and don’t want the extra volume. Darker colours may also create a slimmer appearance than lighter colours depending on how deep the colour is.
Choose a style that works best for your shape and lifestyle. Some styles to consider are straight leg, bootleg, pencil skirt, pleated skirt, a-line skirt, and straight skirts with pockets.
Make sure the sleeves aren’t too short! They should reach past your wrist bone – anything shorter than this isn’t worth wearing.
Get yourself measured before you shop! Take note of measurements like shoulder width and arm span so you know what size is best for you.
You’ve probably seen at least one jumpsuit in your life, but did you know they come in all shapes and sizes? Many plus-size jumpsuits for women are available in sizes 4 to 24 with extra length, which means that it’s never been easier to find the perfect style for your body type. Whether you have hips and curves or you’re petite, you will find a perfect plus-size jumpsuit for your body type here’s.
Main photo: Meg/unsplash.com